The Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society (VAFCS) is extremely fortunate to have many valuable volunteers contributing to our programs, special events and committee work. These volunteers are an essential component to the successful delivery of our services.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- After School Recreation Program
- After School Program Volunteer
- Elder’s Wisdom Program
Volunteer Cook Needed - Job brief
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our Elder membership with their taste and timely delivery. An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions, from our Elders Coordinator, in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important. The position would be from 10:00am to 1:00pm on a weekday of the week according your availability schedule. We desire a commitment of 6 months or longer but if scheduling difficulties arise we can discuss. You may or may not be working with an additional person.
Please contact Events Coordinator for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Program
Volunteer Coordinator - Job brief
We are looking for a competent volunteer for Volunteer Coordinator position who will assist Event Planning Coordinator in recruitment and supervision of VAFCS’s volunteers. It takes a competent leader to succeed in this profession. You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Assist in assigning responsibilities to the right people for special events.
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions.
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Ensure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
If interested please contact by email: email@example.com or by phone: 604-251-4844 (ext: 307)
To sign up as a Program Volunteer please email the Volunteer Coordinator to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all program volunteer positions require interviews and a criminal record check before you are officially placed.
Special Event Volunteer Opportunites
- Back to School Backpack Program (August)
- Craft Fairs (November/December)
- Children's Christmas Gathering (December)
- Family Day (February 2018)
- National Aborginal Day (June 2018)
To sign up as a one-time volunteer for a special event, click to visit the event program page or email the Volunteer Coordinator for more information: email@example.com